What is Australia’s Permanent Residency Visa?
Australia permanent residency visa allows you to live, work and permanently settle in Australia. If you want to migrate Australia as a skilled worker, you need to apply for Australia permanent residency visa 189 or visa 190.
Key Benefits of Australia Permanent Residency Visa
- You can live and work in Australia for Indefinite Period of time.
- You can enter and leave Australia at any time in the first five years.
- After meeting the eligibility requirements of Australia PR you can apply for Australia Permanent Residency.
- You can avail all the benefits of Australian PR holders live free or subsidized legal and health services.
- After getting the Australian Permanent Residency Visa you can sponsor your relatives and other family members to Australia.
- Australia PR status providers you right to apply for Australian consular assistance overseas.
- The children born in Australia will be considered as Australian citizens by birth.
Australia Permanent Residency Visa Requirements
1. Arrange all the documents required for Australia PR.
2. Choose the type of Visa which is more suitable for you.
3. Apply for the points-based immigration system
4. Meet the health and character requirements of Australian immigration authority.
There are different visa categories which by which you can apply for Australia permanent residency namely Visa 189, Visa 190 and other family sponsorship programs.
Visa 189 – Visa 189 is also called Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 which is a permanent residency visa to live, work and permanently settle in Australia. An applicant needs to meet the eligibility criteria to apply for visa 189. Also, the applicant does not require any sponsorship from the state or territory of Australia, he/she can apply independently for the same.
Visa 190 – Visa 190 is also called Skilled nominated visa 190, where the applicant needs to get the nomination from the state or territory of Australia. This is a permanent residency visa where an applicant needs to live and work at least 2 years in the state of nomination. After 2 years he/she can move to the other state of Australia.
To apply for Permanent Residency Visa an applicant needs to meet the eligibility criteria listed below
- Must be below 45 years of age.
- Must have done Graduation.
- Must have at least 2 years of work experience.
- Must have good health and character certificate.
- Must not have any criminal records.
Apart from these, there are other eligibility requirements to apply for Australia Permanent Residency visa
Australia Point System – Applicant who are applying for Australia permanent residency visa must need the points eligibility criteria of scoring 65 points out of 100. the points are calculated on the bases of age, work experience, English language eligibility, qualification, and other factors. the higher is the immigration score better will be the chances to get an invitation from the Australian immigration authority.
SOL List Australia – The job profile of the applicant must be listed in the SOL list Australia. The SOL list of Australia contains all the nominated occupations which are highly in demand of Australia labor market. Therefore you need to check whether your occupation is listed in the demand list of Australia.
English language eligibility test– IETLS and the PTE are the English language eligibility criteria which are required to qualify the English language proficiency of an applicant. The applicant needs to meet the English language eligibility criteria to apply for Australia permanent Residency visa.
What are the steps to immigrate to Australia from India?
Step 1. Meet the studies and work experience eligibility criteria.
Step 2. Get your proof of language eligibility that is the certificate of IELTS or PTE.
Step 3. After collecting all the documents, submit your Expression of Interest (EOI)
Step 4. If applied for state nomination wait for the state Nomination for the state applied for
Step 5. After receiving the nomination file the PR.
Step 6. You need to provide a medical examination and police clearance.