The skilled work regional (Provisional) visa subclass 491 is a point-tested temporary visa category which allows you to reside and work in the designated regional areas of Australia for a period of 5 years. On November 16, 2019, the Visa 489 was replaced by the 491 visa. It is one of the general skilled migration visas together with Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 and Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190.
Generally visa 491 is a temporary visa that may lead you to obtain the PR status of Australia, as it paves the way for an individual who wants to become Australia’s permanent residence. With the 491 Visa, you enjoy the following benefits such as:
- Freedom to live and work in Designated regional areas of Australia for a period of 5 years
- Multiple travel rights
- Eligible to apply for Australian PR
- Allowed to work in any occupation or any employer in line with the work and residence conditions
- Visa 491 is processed on a priority basis
The candidates who want to apply for the skilled work visa subclass 491 need to fulfill either of the conditions such as:
• A nomination from an Australian state or territory
• A Sponsorship from an eligible family member who’s either a permanent resident or an Australian citizen And moreover, a candidate is required to score a minimum of 65 points in order to become eligible to apply for the 491 visa. Well, 65 is a minimum requirement, which doesn’t guarantee that you will receive an invitation to apply for the visa.
You may also like to read 7 Best Reasons to Move to Regional Areas of Australia on Visa 491